It's no fun when you get called out. But when someone like Catherine does it? It's kinda fun, and you MUST listen. I don't know if you have had a chance to meet Catherine, but...the chick kinda rocks. Not not kinda, she does rock. And for ME to say that about someone? Yeah, well you know. I will say that she just may be the reason why the phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover" was invented. Anyway, let me stop blowing smoke up her (fabulous) ass. She called me out, told me to cut the shit, get back to blogging, that my people needed me. Ok, I'm paraphrasing, but that is what I got out of it lol
My last post was a little over a month ago. My BFF Lori pointed out that kind of gave the impression that I had completely fallen apart. Not REALLY true...yes I was low, yes I had fallen off the wagon yadda yadda yadda. But, BUT, it was all part of the healing process. It IS all part of the healing process.
Since my last posting, I have dedicated myself to the gym. For my FB friends you see my check-ins there. I go on average 4 times a week. The scale isn't really moving...but I have faith that it will. (it fucking better lol) Last post I asked for help, advice on how to shop etc. Thank you for all the advice, but I will call out our little hot cross fit queen Beth Ann. I am specifically calling her out because not only is she an inspriation DUH! but because she seems to be in the same "spot" I am and our eating preferences etc are along the same lines. You had me at hummus! lol
I've been thinking about doing the Cross Fit thing again, there is a new place near me. But I'm going to give it some more time. My knees have been hurting me. I tried to do some lunges the other day, I almost fell as my knees ALMOST gave out. I stopped myself before they did though. Kind of pissed me off though. So I've been making sure I stretch everyday, and try to focus on knee strengthening stuff.
My eating has been OK, getting better...but still struggle when I get home. Snacking and portion control. My therapist pointed out that I kind of set myself up to fail but not planning dinner the way I plan breakfast & lunch. I get home, make dinner and just dish it out. And maybe go back for seconds...So I have been (working on) portioning my dinners. I bought those glass prep bowls from PC, they are 1 cup. Those will be my eating dishes.
I'm off to read some blogs!! Love you all! smoochies

Thanks for calling her out Catherine. I love when you blog Carmie. Keep it coming.
ReplyDeleteThere's my girl! Catherine, huh? Wow! The big guns! I think you both are, as they say, the shit! Xo
ReplyDeleteI am happy to hear from my Carmie... I adore you. XOXO *M*
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging, Carmen!! You are my band sister...I need my weekly dose of you (even though we email each other!)
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear from you! I have been so bad about blogging too but I still read.
ReplyDeleteLove to hear from you!!
ReplyDeleteMan, I just love you. I smiled through this whole post. :)
ReplyDeleteAlways happy to hear from you! I'm trying to get myself back on the blog-wagon too :)
ReplyDeleteHi there - new follower. Good luck with the refocussing!
ReplyDelete