Cancer is a horrible thing that I don't wish on anyone. It touches every person involved, even if they don't actually have it. Once upon a time there was a show centered around a family that ran a funeral home, one of the characters said that watching a loved one lose their battle to cancer was like watching that person in the ocean, and every wave takes them further and further out until all you can see is your memory of them. Ok that isn't verbatim, but you get the point.
As most of blogland has been posting, our dear friend Barbara lost her husband. I too am one of those people that had the pleasure to meet Barbara in Chicago, and I too am one of those people that she talked to, saying things that many people have said before, yet somehow HER words are the ones that constantly run through my head.
Barbara I hope you know how much we all love you and how much you have touched all of us.

Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteNice post, Carmen.
ReplyDeleteIndeed. Cancer can go to hell if it wants. No one would miss it. Love you Carmie.
ReplyDeleteWell said Carmie.
ReplyDeleteWe love you Barb!
Amen Carmen!
ReplyDelete