Here I am again! I think I am fairly current on my blog reading, but again because I've been reading on my phone that doesn't allow me to comment. I hope you all know how important you are to me!
So far 2011 has been interesting. I see that many of you have been chosing your words for the year, I have come to realize that mine is REALIZATION. Oh am I supposed to put the definition? Let me go grab it....who knows it might make me realize even more that it is right for me.
Definition of REALIZATION
1: the action of realizing : the state of being realized
2: something realized
Yeah, no, pretty much what I thought lol So anyway, so far this year I have realized and started to deal with (aka fix) two things in my life. And in doing that I have realized that one of those things I just can't change or fix. That thing is understanding just how much other people affect me. Meaning moods, attitudes etc. There are some people that I am definitely more in tune with, but most of the time I feel what someone close to me is feeling. I don't think I can fix/change this, I realize that it is just a part of me. But I do need to learn how to....I don't know....maybe compartmentalize it? I don't like my moods changing based on someone elses' mood.
The other thing? Well I am not ready to share it, I am still in the throes of processing it. I just had this realization a few days ago. I will go on record and say that this does not have anything to do with the bf.
Moving on....this coming Friday night is my brother's (and sister in law! I have to get used to it lol) wedding reception. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. There will be a few family members there that....well....aren't really high on my list of people that I like. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I have been made to feel like shit and that they are genuinely upset that they are related to me. Not only will they be there, but I found out today that I am sitting at the table with them. Hence the title....open bar. I need to be careful and hopefully not get mouthy. The bf is not going with me, I told him that he didn't have to, that it wasn't important to me for him to be there...and it isn't.
Job is going good, I gave my notice at the make up place (my last day is the 29th) Eating is going ok, weight loss is still the 1-2 lbs a week. I saw my primary care doctor the other day, he is very happy with my progress.
Yadda yadda yadda.....I should have some pics to post. Funnily enough I hope that someone takes pics of me and tags me in them! My my how things change huh????

Yes, it is time to post some pics please!!!
ReplyDeletePics, pics, pics!!!
ReplyDeleteI am also one of those people who lets the moods of others effect me. I think it's gotten a little bit better as I've gotten older, but definitely something I need to work on too. Sorry to hear you are sitting with crappy family at the reception. Maybe you can walk around and see if other people don't show up and take their seats. Or just hang out at the bar all night. Hope you manage to have some fun.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the realization thing... You are becoming the butterfly. I am so happy that you are not allowing these "Family members" to u-pset you too much. You deserve to be treated with respect and love. i adore you always, *M*
ReplyDelete