Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm spicy!!

My mouth is on FIRE.  I made some turkey chili yesterday morning, I looked in the spice cabinet and discovered we still had some pre-measured spices from the few chili competitions we did.  So grabbed one and dumped it in the pot.  Not thinking that it was for our competition entry, and certainly not thinking that it was for a much larger batch than I was making.  Dope.  Even the bf said it was a little too spicy!!  Oh did I mention that I also went a little over board with the pepper grinder?  Yeah, good times. 

I'm a pretty morbid person.  I think about death often, think about people in my life dying etc.  So much so that I plan out what I would do (plans, emotional breakdowns etc) if they were to die.  It gets really bad when I haven't heard from someone that I normally hear from on a regular basis.  That is all.

I already have a few vacations planned for this year....the bf & I are heading to Reno with his sister and her fiancee June 4-7.  The boys are bowling in a tournament there, should be a good time.  Anyone in that area?  Maybe we can meet up!  The second one is Disney December 8-11.  That trip will be sans bf, my brother and sister-in-law asked me to go with them, all I have to pay for is my flight!  Pretty sweet.  I haven't been there in about 15 years...They are getting the meal plans and called last night to talk about my eating.  They are going to see if they can get a discount since it is highly unlikely that I will be able to eat 3 meals (app meal & dessert) and 2 snacks a day!  I'm going to get them a copy of the "Hey I had weight loss surgery, don't charge me for a whole flippin meal since I will eat about 2 bites of it) card and see if that does anything.  Any hints?  All my Florida girls keep those dates in mind, I'd love to see your beautiful faces!

Hmm....do I have anything else for you? 

Oh I totally forgot...at my PCP appointment they took some blood to check my thyroid and stuff.  The nurse called today to let me know that my thyroid level is low and I am deficient in folate.  No wonder why I have been feeling so depressed and no energy!  I picked up the prescriptions and I have yet to look at the the folic acid pills....I'm worried to see what size they are... My dumb ass just needs to actually TAKE these pills...along with the dang vitamins AND the calcium.  Grrr...I am so bad at that!  If I was on the pill (and actually having sex) I'd probably be knocked up by now!

The bf & I went shopping yesterday, he bought me a really cute pair of C0nverse black & white sequined sneakers in a size 10.5, I was so excited to find a 10.5!!  Normally I am an 11, I've been noticing that my shoes are getting a little big.  I wasn't sure that I was going to lose any shoe sizes because even though I have big feet they have always been narrow.  It's always really hard to find shoes!  They are really cute!  Yes I am 36 and excited over a pair of sequined sneakers lol 

ok...I think I am done for now.  Love to you all!  Oh and I see I have a handful of new followers, HI!  I recently took down the years worth of posts that I had written.  Not really sure why, I think I kind of wanted to wipe the slate clean.  But I am (for the most part) an open book, anything you want to know just ask!  I think there is a link to email me over there <---------  :-)

7 comments:

  1. There may be even more vacation time to plan! Oh, I'm so cryptic. Miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to be closer to my Carmie... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, if the folate pills are too big to swallow, ask for a prenatal vitamin called NataChew. They're chewable and have plenty of folate (the rest of the vitamins won't hurt you). If you get them, ask for the NataChew brand, which taste decent. The generics are gag-inducing.

    I know you're not pregnant, but prenatals always have a good dose of folate since it's so important for brain and spinal cord development.

    Stay warm today. We're hunkered down. (Again.)

    PS Perhaps the chili will encourage extra water intake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chili sounds "Ring of Fire" inducing, if you know what I mean. The thyroid..hmmm...I need to look into that. I've been feeling that way since October. Ugh.
    Your trips and travels sound like a bunch of fun. Can you come to Illinois? I need to squeeze you. I miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, yay! I'm excited that you're coming to Florida. As for the spice, I'm sure you probably already know this, but you can mellow the heat with anything creamy - a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream will cut the heat a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! a florida trip! i can't wait!

    i am personally on the hunt for the blue sequins converse at target! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking of you lately and I'm glad you're doing okay.

    Love the shoes! I get excited over new stuff too.

    ReplyDelete