Sunday, April 10, 2011

Strap in, it's a long one!

With all the blogs & conversations regarding that doctor show and the episode with some banded people and what they supposedly eat, I decided I'd chime in and share what I eat.  BTW I LOVE seeing what everyone eats.  Not only do I get ideas but the thing that I don't like about blogs is that while you get to know people, it's only in snippets, what is PRESENTED for you to know.  Know what I mean?  I want to know everything about you, and seeing what you eat is just another piece for me to put in the file.  Does that sound stalkerish?  LOL

Anyway, I am not going to run down a daily food log by the hour, because honestly it changes pretty much daily.  I will just share my commonly eaten items. 

Breakfast:
Cottage Cheese
Hard boiled egg
Hummus

Snacks:
Cheese stick (reduced fat colby jack)
Nuts

Lunch & Dinner:
Chicken Salad
Tuna Salad
Cold Cuts w/ a wedge of L@ughing C0w on a flatbread cracker or rice cake or some sort of cracker thing
salad w/ cold cuts all chopped up
my new fave IS precooked chicken & guacamole
chili
Once a month or so I will make a batch of bites ala Ms. E-face

Eating out:
2 of my favorite breakfasts are the protein plate from Sbux or a go wrap from DD just sausage & cheese
fast food I get chicken nuggets
The bf & I eat out often, 99.9 % of the time I order an appetizer, usually some sort of seafood thing & very rarely eat the whole thing

Alcohol:
YUP!  No beer for me though :-(  For awhile I was able to drink beer but the carbonation is too weird and I tend to get stuck on it now.  Same with soda, but honestly before surgery I didn't drink much of it.  Although I do love me some Diet "Do"  and would kill for some good root beer right now!!
I usually go with Tw1sted Te@, sometimes wine, grape vodka & cranberry or very rarely margartitas (unless I am in NYC lol)

What I can't eat:
Scrambled or fried eggs (although I did all the time for a long time after surgery!) Sandwiches, but to be honest I really haven't tried to eat much bread, a few bites of some crusty bread here & there but I really don't want to find out for sure if I can or cannot eat bread lol  Also a few weekends ago I tried a scooped out bagel, it was slow moving, but honestly I really didn't enjoy it.  Burgers, oh my sweet sweet burgers....I LOVE them yet I cannot eat them :-(  Ground beef (or any meat) in any other form?  No problem, meatloaf, meatballs, sloppy joe type stuff, chili etc etc.  Weird huh? Same with the eggs!  Haven't really had pasta ( a few bites here & there) or rice so I just don't know. 

Junk Food:
Yeah chips (although I do tend to go for the veggie sticks or popchips, not that they are a good idea either lol) popcorn PIZZA crackers....no problem. 

Beverages:
My water is sporadic, some days (at work) I will have 4 bottles of water, others, barely 1!  Crystal Light, Vit Water 0, so S0Be zero.  At Sbux I normally go for a skinny vanilla iced, but I will admit to iced white m0chas, although they are a touch too sweet so I now order them w just 2 pumps, might even drop down to 1 pump.

What is missing??  Veggies, I know, I always go for the main food then if there is any space left I go for the veggie.  Hence why I usually go for salads.  Oh and that other stuff, whats it called?  F.....Froot?  Oh yeah, fruit....I don't eat ANY fruit.  I tried some apple (skin off) last week, bad idea.  I need to work on these areas.

Getting stuck & PB's, happens more to me than I'd really like to admit.  In my little world, when it comes to me, getting stuck & PB'ing is total user error.  It sucks, and it REALLY sucks being stuck AND hungry.  Where the F does all that slime come from?  Am I the only disgusting one that wants to touch it?  No I haven't really touched it!  It is really disgusting (really this is gross skip ahead to the next paragraph!) when you have a huge string of slime hanging out of your mouth into the toliet, does the toliet water travel up the slime line?  Yeah when I think about that whilst sliming it makes me gag and slime even more.  Who was it in Chicago that coined the phrase "Toliet Water Splashback" was it Joey?  I can' remember, but that sucks too.  And have you ever clogged the toliet due to slime?  Good times.

Whew, this is a long post!  You still with me?  I have decided that since February 23rd (one year since surgery) and once moved (ok not a permanent move yet, still looking for a place to buy lol) into the 190's it isn't that I wasn't losing weight, I was merely maintaining!  lol Yeahhhhh......Bouncing around 197 to 201.  Several people in the past week or so have told me that I need to stop losing weight, ummm HELLO?  Maybe if I could designate to not lose anymore on top & focus on the bottom half?  Does it work that way?  Yeah didn't think so.

This is what happens when you don't blog for a long time, a marathon post that nobody will finish lol

11 comments:

  1. I read it all!!! :) Glad to see a blog from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yucky. I had bypass and I get PB as well. Its super nasty. And my body is not losing weight evenly. grrr. But your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished it! Can I have one of those little dixie cups full of Gatorade that I can drink then crush and throw down on my desk? That would be AWESOME!
    I just peed my pants laughing so hard over the toilet water slime line. And toilet water splash back. It's so awesome that other people notice these things. I thought I was the only crazy one!
    LOVE YOU!
    xoxoxoxoxox
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I have wondered the same about the slime in the toilet! And I have had splashback that has poodled around the toilet on the floor! So gross!!

    I have no problem with ground beef, but chili gives me issues!

    I haven't really tested pop that much, and pretend that it would be a major issue for me to keep me away. I was never "big" into pop, but would get on some Dr. Pepper or vanilla coke binges that would last a couple weeks.

    The only fruit I really get in is frozen fruit I add to my shakes sometimes. I have not tried a whole lot whole, except oranges which are definitely a no go. I just don't have room after protein and a bite or two of veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I coined the phrase "Toilet Water Spashback" while out having a smoke with you and Rani Saturday night at the dinner and we wer talking about how bad it sucked and how gross it was to have splashback in public toilets. I totally forgot about that, but it is so funny you remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished too! Sbux is the devil -- I've been going with iced passion tea lately to keep cals low.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list... We eat very similar. I have really been into fiber lately. I am reworking my diet in a few weeks too. We'll see. *M*

    ReplyDelete
  8. last week i slimed up my caramel macchiato from Sbux.... first bit went in the toilet (at said Sbux) second bit caught me by surprise and was huge volume and i missed the toilet and hit the floor.... have you ever tried to clean that nastiness up with non-absorbent Sbux papertowel?!?!! ewwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read it all. The entire sliming in the toilet thing is hilarious!! I usually don't go to the toilet...I have germ issues.

    I will run down the stairs and do it in the yard. Or if i'm at work I will do it in the trash can and then have an inmate come change it. LOL. I have only had the problem 4 times so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I made it to the end, no problem! Thanks for sharing your daily foods. I enjoy reading these too.

    One girl at work always walks up to me and says "gah, are you ever gonna stop losing weight?" Meanwhile I have been hovering among the same 10 lbs for like 10 months! haha Not sure what she's smoking but I could use some! lol

    ReplyDelete