Is NOT something that I excel at. I hate shaving my legs. In addition to having a magic wand to body sculpt, I wish I had one to wave over my legs and all the hair magically disappear.
Not only is my skin really fair and sensitive, but my hair is really dark, thick & coarse. I have tried cream hair removers, but I usually get a rash. When I shave I always get cut and razor burn. I very rarely shave my thighs because my hair there grows every which way. Literally. Upways, downways, sideways, slantway, backways....you get the picture.
It sucks. And I had to do it this morning. I have a lady parts doctor visit, I haven't been in a few years, bad I know, but I am going today. So I did a level 5 shave (as Amy W. calls it lol) and a half hour later my legs are smooth. Well they were until I got out of the shower and got a chill. Goosebumps = stubble popping up. I hate that! Does that happen to you too?
Oh and another thing that sucks about shaving...before surgery there was a LOT of thigh to shave. My arms are only so long lol It was a chore for my fat ass to do it. Now? Yeah...there is a lot of SKIN. Let's just say that it is a friggin BLAST to get a razor caught on a chunk of empty skin. NOT! Bleh.
That is my rant for today :-)
Happy Friday! And in case you didn't know, little Miss Stephanie? Who Dreams of Skinny High Heels? Not only did her skinny ass reach goal, but she is awesome! Chicago is nearly here girls, are you ready? Do you think Chicago is ready? lol Probably not...

Hahaha! It sounds like you may need to invest in a better razor? Don't listed to me - this Norwegian girl has very little body hair.
ReplyDeleteI find that I cut myself a lot more. Shaving my thighs was an olympic event bcause my skin is a bit saggy and it turned out all alwful. I just use nair for that area now.
ReplyDeleteOh and hon, you're the awesome one. That's why we get along so well!! Wine and hot time is coming up soon!!!
The older I get, the less hair I have. I have hardly any body hair anymore, but I swear I'm trying to grow a full mustache...the cruelty of aging is almost too much to bear!
ReplyDeleteI just paid a nice lady to rip hair off various parts of my body, but I do manage to shave my legs fairly well. :) All I have to say about Chicago is that it is feeling oddly lonely here and I can't wait until everyone arrives!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, yes, goosebumps are evil. Nothing pisses me off more than ruining a good shave with a brief chill.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya about the stubble half an hour later! Then I had a bunch of IPL hair removal (like laser) and now I can go about 4 days between leg shavings, and have minimal hair. Seriously some of the best money I ever spent. As mentioned, maybe you could get into waxing over the winter? It may cost more at the outset but over time, the hair is lessened & finer.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried that shaver that has the soap on the end of it- Intuition? It's really good. I am pretty hairy too, but now that it's summer, I shave my legs daily with it, and it's great. One secret my dad taught me is to soap up first, then lather, then shave. Shaving cream alone, or gel, or whatever, doesn't provide me with enough of a barrier, and when I don't soap up first, I get many nicks. I also use a men's razor- Mach 3, I think. The blades are expensive, and so is the Intuition,by the way, but it seems to work better.
ReplyDeleteWaxing eyebrows yes, bikini, yes. Legs? Never!!! I did it once, and was covered in red bumps for the entire ten days of my vacation! Dislike!!! The hair grew in quickly too, so I was shaving red bumps....AAAAH!!!
The laser hair removal worked for me, sort of, but was very expensive and not a final solution. I have had electrolysis and that really works, but is also a committment.
Too much for a comment???? Sorry! I guess I have a lot of opinions on the subject :) Now, let's hope Blogger let's this comment post!!!!
I am lucky to be fair and redheaded... I do get annoyed that there's hair there even if you can't really see it. I struggle to shave these days because the loose skin doesn't really cooperate but I get by.
ReplyDelete