Sometimes I spend too much time in my head, WAY too much time in my head. It can be a dark, scary, strange, wonderful, sparkly, foreign, weird, trippy place. Kind of like the factory from Willy Wonka, complete with the scary boat ride, but minus the candy and Oompa Loompas...most of the time....but I digress.
Ummm....so I stepped away to go grab my dinner (a few slices of turkey & cheese rolled up) and I totally forgot what my point was going to be. Damn. Guess it wasn't important!!
I saw my brother & his family yesterday quite unexpectedly. He called me at work & asked me to meet them right away. They had to go into a "meeting" with her ex-husband and needed someone to watch the boys. Without going into detail, hopefully my brother's stepson won't be seeing much of his father. Aside from the situation, it was great to see the boys, and the baby took a bottle for the first time, from his loving Auntie Carmie!!
My brother & I had a brief but deep conversation about me moving in with them. He tends to speak before thinking and had me second guessing my choice to take them up on their offer. (Umm..did I tell you that they offered their in-law suite-ish room? ) Now I just need to have the convo with C since we decided on mid-October for my move. Unless of course I win the lottery between now & then!
So "they" say that it takes how long to make something a habit? Well riddle me this...how come it takes me about 2.2 seconds to make something bad a habit (or to get out of a good habit) but for-fucking-ever to make something a good habit? I just realized today that I don't think about working out, or going to the gym...EVER. I totally "forgot" about it. Every once in awhile I think, yeah I'll do that when I go to the gym...or I'll download that song for my workout playlist....but I just don't do it. So along those lines...when I move in with my brother (which incidentally is an hour north of where I currently live and the town I lived in from age 4 to 32) I will be able to join the gym that my old trainer owns. His workouts aren't Crossfit by name, but definitely like it. I put his picture here to show you how ridiculously hot he is but then I got wicked embarassed by the thought of him or his gf finding this page! I'm such a dork!

The gym... I suppose it's easier when you have a mom mentality. As in "Awe fuck. It's time to do THAT again." There are plenty of days where I want to talk myself out of going (tomorrow will be one of them because my mom and I usually work out together on Tuesdays & Thursdays but she has a hair appointment and I have a support group meeting and I have time to go but I might do that crap where I start saying I'm too tired... blah blah blah). I just go without thinking about it and get it done. Then I enjoy the endorphin rush since I'm not getting it from food as much anymore.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the thinking too much. It's what always gets my ass into trouble. But I also speak before I think, which is odd. So I'm one big walking ball of clusterfuck most days.
You could always move to California... LOL
Oh the gym.....why is it so hard to get there. Not so hard to BE there, though.
ReplyDeleteThe GYM. I got a couple new pieces of workout clothing, so I guess I need to use them or they will be a waste of money. I almost enjoy the gym when I get there but getting there... Sucks!
ReplyDelete