It's Friday and you know what that means - yes? It's time for BYOC. Bring Your Own Crazy like your life depends on it! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and ENJOY!!
Oh and before I begin - these questions come from the fabulous Joey (cuz my teensy weensy brain is shot)! Thank you Joey - I owe you one!
1. If you were a character on Friends, who would you be and why?
I am the love child of Monica and Chandler :-) Self Deprecating humor? CHECK! OCD tendencies? CHECK! That is all.
2. If you weren't in your current career what other career do you think you would have done?
I always wanted to be a writer. That was really well written huh? lol
3. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 6?
An interior designer or architect or writer
4. Do you think everyone only has one soulmate or true love? Or are there multiple people for everyone?
Excellent question. I believe that SOULMATE and ONE TRUE LOVE are two different things. I believe that your soulmate can be anyone, lover, friend, relative etc just someone who completes your soul. And I believe that you can have multiple soulmates, ones who complete you in different ways but still a completion. As far as one true love? Eh. I go back and forth on this one. Sometimes I believe it because DUH, hello romantic movies!! Who doesn't want to believe that there is that ONE person out there for you?!?! But then I start to think, well shit where is MY ONE? So that is when I start to think that there isn't just one because you aren't the same person looking for the same things/traits etc all your life.
5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
Whew. I am one big stress ball. I'm a list maker and planner (ahem see question #1). Normally I would have been packed for Chicago LAST week. And I would be 95% packed for my move coming the week after Chicago. However, all that has been done is making lists and thinking about planning to start to pack. (yes getting ready to start to get ready). My dear Lori is surprised, but I needed her to explain me to myself and this is what she said, I'm sure she won't mind me sharing lol (oh and the Julie she references is a therapist):
I think you are in a constant state of testing yourself and challenging yourself. That could be part of it.
Plus -- this "Leaving Him" thing has ALWAYS been something in the FUTURE. When you talked about it, you felt sane because you knew you had to do it, but you felt safe beacuse you knew you were not doing it right away. Ever since I re-connected with you, it's been something that you planned to do .... but "not now".
So, you decided to look for houses. That was safe because that takes TIME.
Then, you deided to look for apartments. You found one.
AHA! Justification to wait -- CHICAGO!!! Not that it's just an excuse, and I do think you would have left on Oct 1 if not for Chicago .... but it conveniently played into the "I AM LEAVING IN THE FUTURE" mentality. There is security in your living situation with Chris. I'll leave the analysis of the word Security to Julie ... but that's what it is. Of course you want to leave. That's logical. But there's an entirely illogical part of you that is secure in staying.
It's all kinda obvious, but it's also probably so deep in you that even you don't recognize it.
You'll move. Don't worry about if/what/when to pack -- it'll happen.
As for not packing for Chicago, I would guess it's an unfortunate by-product of the OTHER topic. Also, in your mind, "as soon as you get back from Chicago, you are moving out" .. so if you don't pack for Chicago, them moving out will STILL be in the future.
She knows me so well. I hope, but cannot guarntee it, to be packed for Chicago by Sunday night, or at least 95% of the way. Packing for the move? I will think about that on October 3rd.

I'm not packed yet. Am I avoiding something. I have "thought" about what I should take. Maybe this weekend. Can't wait to see you again.
ReplyDeleteHoly shit - that is some deep shit there...but so fricking true. And there is a one. You haven't found him because you've been with the wrong one for too long. Love you.
ReplyDeletei'm with you on every single word of that..
ReplyDeleteWow. Thanks. You're Welcome. And all that shit.
ReplyDelete