I'm so freaking witty...I couldn't think of a title :-)
So, thank you for your comments and texts and emails regarding my post from yesterday. I was asked if it was BOOBS or blog related, but mostly BOOBS related. There may have been one text threatening to kick someones ass if it was (ok I'm paraphrasing)
One thing I didn't share regarding real life last week was the fact that I visited a therapist for the first time in many many moons. One thing that was discussed was how Carmen (maybe someday she will discuss the 3rd person narratives...) tends to surround herself with big personalities, mostly content to sit back and enjoy the show. But inevitably there will come a time when these big personalties overpower and outshine Carmen therefore making Carmen "invisible." I don't want to be the center of attention, but some attention would be nice. I don't say much or have much to contribute, but when I do, it is because (I think) it is funny, relevant or important to the situation. Just because you didn't notice or remember me doesn't me I am not worth noticing or remembering.
Moving on.
As a teenager I never suffered from acne or pimples. Every now & then I'd get a big pimple, and POOF! It would be gone the next morning. Same thing with my brother. My mom said that the only time she ever broke out was when she was pregnant. I am saddened to report that my forehead looks like a relief map. Tons of bumps. I don't even know if I would call them pimples (since they never come to a head) or if they are clogged pores. Either way it pisses me off!! I'm using all sorts of crap to try and get rid of them, but nothing seems to be working! I've been trying to avoid any products with salacylic acid, but I think I might have to bite the bullet. I'm sure it has to do with my lack of water. Any today I was rewarded with a cute pimple right on the edge of my lip, of COURSE it headed up and of COURSE I picked at it (I very very rarely "pick" pimples etc) so of course it looks like I have a nice dose of herpes lol
Right now I'm "masking" with my go-to mask by 0rigins it's called Cle@r Impr0vement. Somethings gotta help! Any suggestions???


0rigins has a great product called Spot Remover -- comes in a teeny bottle and works like a charm on blemishes of the evil, underground (or slightly lesser) variety.
ReplyDeleteThat's so great about therapy -- I'm a huge fan and have been doing it for years. I'm surprised to hear you say that you tend to be a wallflower or think you're not memorable, based on meeting you in Chicago! Heck, you (and that HILARIOUS phone call we had!) :) were one of the most memorable people there! Loved meeting you and am looking forward to seeing you soon!
Carmen, seriously, "not worth noticing" is never a phrase I would use to describe you! I agree with Catherine... you are one of the people who stands out most in my memories from last year at BOOBS!
ReplyDeleteHehehehe... I love the look on your face.
ReplyDeleteKeep in mind the rule of thumb I use: I don't have to act like an adult until I stop getting zits.
(Unfortunately I didn't have your luck in not getting them when I was younger.)