Friday, September 2, 2011

BYOC :-)

BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy….5 little questions we ask to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!

1. If you have a camera and have the time – take the contents of your purse out – and take a picture of said contents and explain them. If you don’t have time or a camera – please describe the contents of your purse.
OMG  ok first I must admit that I HATE carrying a purse, but I do it.  Why do I hate it?  Because currently in my purse is:  wallet; wristlet w/ ipod touch, ipod shuffle, earbuds & wire for ipod; car keys for 2 different cars; house keys for 3 different houses; coupon carrier; 4 different note pads; 8 pens; 2 sharpies; foldable reuseable shopping bag; wristlet w/ womans products; 2 packs of gum; 1/2 roll of life savers; present that i bought for Gilly like 6 months ago (I sure hope I remember to bring it to Chicago!); 2 check books; the realize band replica from last years BOOBS bag; date book from 2009; bottle of allergy medicine; bottle of ibuprophen; ton of change; 18 frequent shopper coins for a grocery store; 2 lip glosses; cigar cutter; then cosmetic bag (containing face powder, bottle opener, papaya enzyme, antacids, listerine strips, perfume, lip liner, carmex, rosebud salve, bobby pins, sanitary wipes, chapstick, hand lotion, hair elastics and tweezers) 

I always win those scavenger purse hunts at parties.


2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing if you have a relationship with this person or if the person even exists and you try to describe the person in 5 words or short sentences.


• Your kindergarten teacher

Sweet, patient, smelled like vanilla, obese, dead at a young age

3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure / trashy TV show you like to watch?

I am soooooo addicted to tv!!  It is going to be hard for me not to have cable.  But since so much is online these days I think I will be ok...but not DVR?  THE HORRORS!!!  My guilty pleasure is Americas Next Top Model!  It is the only reality show that I was every season.

4. A lot of you told me about your first day of school experiences when I posted about how my 5 year old going to kindergarten wasn’t causing me too much heartache. So now I’m officially asking – tell me about one of your first day of school experiences that sticks out in your mind the most. Who put you on the bus? Did you ride the bus? Did your parents take pics? Did they walk you into school? Drive you there? Cook you breakfast?

One thing that ALWAYS happened was that every year before school started, my mom would take a day off work and we would have a Mommy & Carmen day.  We would go to the mall & I'd get new school clothes, then I'd get my hair cut, then we would have lunch (or dinner by that point in the day!)  I don't remember my parents taking pictures, cooking breakfast, walk me to school, I took the bus and since we lived in apartment complexes my friends and I walked to the bus together, I was never driven to school but sometimes after an extracurricular activity my mom would forget to pick me up and I would have to take the city bus home.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
Hmm...well blog land, I have been slacking this week....because....



This coming Friday I will be signing the lease on that cute little apartment!!!!   WHOA.  It is in a small (8 unit) condo complex, mostly owner occupied.  One bedroom, 2nd floor, balcony, lots of great closet space...  I will actually get the keys either the day I leave for Chicago or the day after I get back lol  Then the first full weekend on October will be moving day.  I haven't told C about the apartment yet, I'm waiting until the lease is signed.  He made a comment yesterday about how a friend of our and I could get an apartment together, I told him that I was going to live by myself that I wasn't meant to live with other people lol  I think that the conversation will go ok.

Photo comparison time!!!  We went to the Patri0ts game yesterday.  Before surgery, I bought my jerseys on that E auction site, because I need 3x or 4x.  I couldn't WAIT until I could get an actual ladies jersey, and no, not a pink one!!  So I walked right into the pro shop yesterday, walked right the the ladies section and got me a jersey! 
This was me stretching the seams of a 3x jersey...

And this is me wearing my XXL ladies jersey, I could have gone with the XL but in the winter I wear shirts, sweaters or sweatshirts under the jersey...


Side note....why do guys have such a hard time taking one simple pic???  And maybe I should think about a new hairdo?  lol

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the Mom memory. AND OMFG - I LOVE THE APARTMENT AND I LOVE THAT YOU ARE MOVING ON AND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable although you would have been cuter in an EAGLES Jersey... The apt looks adorable! Yay! for YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No comment on the team on the jersey but YAY for you on the size!!!! Love the apt and can't wait to see it with all the Carmie touches added.

    ReplyDelete